What Is A Landing Page
A landing page is the website page that a visitor lands on when they click through from another web page link. The source of this visitor can be from a Google search, text or banner link, an article from a blog post, or a link directly to the page from an email. The focus here will be when the source of the visitor is from a Google search engine results page. The most common method to generate a lead or customer is from a Google search engine result. The most important part is to learn how to build a landing page to increase search engine traffic.
How to create the best landing page design for free
The secret on how to create a landing page is knowing exactly what the website visitor is looking for and being able to provide enough details to satisfy their requirement. This requires sufficient knowledge about the content of the page in order to deliver it in a meaningful and effective way that satisfies the visitor. Whether this is for educational or selling purposes, the page needs to deliver what the visitor intended to obtain. This will enable you to capture their attention and move them to the next step in the objective of your landing page.
Free Landing Page Design
Landing page design is most effective if it successfully converts a visitor into a lead or customer. The best landing page design is definitely the one that is created for free. No one can be more inspired to create a free landing page than the person with a vision for the business.
How To Make Effective Landing Pages
The person that knows their industry the best will be able to outlay the content with the purpose to educate the visitor. Once the visitor attention is captivated the attempt to convert into a lead or customer increases dramatically. This is one reason why highly effective landing pages are blog pages. Anyone that spends sufficient time reading a web page for the content and remains on the page for the longest is the most likely person to be converted. Regardless of the design, the content is what will captivate the audience.
The power of search engine traffic is priceless. Majority of web traffic and customers come from search engines because of user intent. Searching the internet is normally done for learning or buying. With your landing pages you can cater to the visitor by teaching and selling. Without doing anything else to your website, start implementing the landing page strategy below to increase organic web traffic quickly.
Most clicks happen on the left side of the search page in the top 10 positions. Ideally the top 10 positions can expect about 30% of the search traffic. With a keyword that gets 10k searches a month that equates to 3000 web visitors that want to learn or buy something. The closer you are to the top the more of that traffic will likely go to you.
This process below is something you would just continue to rinse and repeat for more and more keyword phrases in your niche. It is cumulative, so as you build and rank each page on your website it begins to move the other pages higher as well. As traffic builds that adds the compounding effect to re-invest profits to continue the process for more and more keywords.
10 Step Landing Page Builder Template To Increase Web Search Traffic
The 10 steps outline the best landing page building methodology. It has been used and proven that starting with the end goal and reverse engineering to create a starting point. This landing page template building method is guaranteed to produce results. The first step is definitely key because you need to ensure that the keywords and phrases incorporated into the landing page already have a good amount of search volume and appear to be on an upward trend.
How To Start Building Effective Landing Pages
1. Keyword Research – looking for some good quality keywords with good search volume of over 10k search per month. Ideally phrases that have a low CPC and low search competition. If choosing between the 2, choose lower search competition.
2. Duplicate an existing landing page and optimize for the main keyword phrase discovered in the keyword research. This is just a base phrase that we will be optimizing for so we can move to the next stage.
3. Optimize the content of the landing page so it has a basic objective of lead capture, product purchase, click through as in a funnel.
4. Create a Google Ad campaign for this main keyword phrase and this newly created landing page. Allow Google keyword suggest to find more keywords and phrases to add to the campaign.
5. Create multiple ads for the campaign to test different words/phrases. Build the ads using keywords suggested by Google. We don’t know the traffic levels yet so we’ll need to use some creativity based on the objective of the landing page as well.
Purpose Of Pay Per Click Ads
6. Complete the ad campaign and allow it to run for a few days. Once it has collected a good amount of impressions and interactions begin to review the data. The objective here is to optimize the ads based on which keywords generated the most impressions and clicks. We will also look at where the traffic is coming from and any other data that will help us paint the picture of what is happening. Sometimes you will get a lot traffic from certain countries. If these are relevant keep them, if not then begin to filter location to eliminate data that could make this excercise less effective. All these details will help us formulate a plan for the next stages.
How To Use Data From Ads
7. Once we have reviewed the keyword data, we will select the keywords that generated the most impressions which tells us which keywords are currently being searched the most. This doesn’t mean it will be forever, so we can cross compare this with Google Trends to see if this has been consistent over a period of time. We do not want keywords that have no history or appear to be in a rapid decline in search volume. The ads will tell us which wording performed the best.
We’re looking for a correlation between the ads and the keywords. From here if there isn’t an ad that appears to work well with the most searched keywords, we will create a new ad incorporating the keywords with the most impressions. This will run for a few more days to see if the new ad with the highest impression keywords embedded into the ad improves the CTR%. We will use this to optimize the Title and Description meta tags in an attempt to get the highest CTR% when our page begins to display in search results.
How To Optimize The Landing Page
8. The next step will be to duplicate the landing page and now we will optimize this landing page using the keywords that has generated the most impressions from the ad campaign. The page will have the Title + Description tags closely match the ad that performed with the highest CTR%. By optimizing the Title + Description of the page you can improve your click through rate (CTR%). The excercise above using the Google Ad campaigns allows you to test words that could perform better.
These small tweaks could take your CTR% up even 1% and move you closer to the top of the page. When Google sees your CTR% improving it will help your positioning on that page and better performing pages that teach + sell better will also help. Keep in mind that if you tweak the Title + Description you will need to wait 30-60 days to see the effect. Google will cache search results so changes you make on your landing page meta tags are not instantly visible.
How To Index Landing Pages Quickly
9. Now we will change the destination URL for the ad to the new landing page optimized for the better performing keywords. This won’t change the performance of the ad, but will get the new page indexed into Google. It is important here to perform the final indexing step after the content of the new landing page is final and acceptable in attempt to get a proper index on the 1st crawl. Failing to index prior to a good final revision risks waiting for Google crawler to re-index which could take 30 days or more. You may have noticed that this often happens when posting a link to social media sites like Facebook. Facebook will almost immediately cache the page content and then if you make changes and attempt to re-post the link it keeps displaying the older version of the page.
How To Improve Search Ranking
10. Once the final landing page is optimized for the highest searched keywords and the title and description meta tags are optimized for high CTR% the initial steps are complete. The next step is to increase search ranking by building backlinks. Backlinks should be links using the anchor text for the main keyword phrase for the page. Ideally it should come from websites in a similar niche that have a good backlink ranking already established.
The most effective backlinks are complementary niche sites, competitor websites or high ranking blogs. Obtaining backlinks from these types of sites is challenging and difficult. It can be time consuming, but it is worth pursuing as it is the most effective method to rank higher on search quickly. It is usually recommended to leave the Google Ad running for a few months while backlinks are being sourced. This allows you to continue to receive leads and generate revenue to pay for everything until organic traffic increases. Once the amount of traffic from organic is at a good level the ad campaign can be paused.
If done properly this new landing page will begin to receive a strong ranking very quickly and begin moving towards top 10 positions of search engine results pages.
The next stage once you have traffic is optimizing the landing page for conversion. Using Google Optimize you can now implement a split AB testing and begin to tweak the content of the page to find which call to actions (CTA) perform the best. This helps reduce bounce rates and will further help your page ranking. You cannot perform this step without web traffic and there’s no point putting too much effort until then.
A basic CTA should suffice until you see some data. Google Optimize is a great tool for split testing. Redirect splits are usually easier to use and less confusing. We normally duplicate the final landing page and make small changes and measure conversion rates piece by piece until we find the maximum conversion rate possible. As each piece is tested over time the better converting component is incorporated into the original page and then further tweaking is performed.
If the content of the page matches the intent of the user a simple call to action will generate 80% of the results that the page will ever get. The effort to obtain the remaining 20% can often be better put towards starting another landing page.
Back Link Strategy
The most effective SEO strategy of all time of course is back links. Back Links is getting other web pages to link back to your web page. To understand how a good back link strategy works, imagine walking into a crowded room and asking for directions to the bathroom. The people that respond quickly and know where it is are the higher ranking individuals that know where the bathroom is. Imagine asking someone that is there for their first visit versus the owner of the place. You will accept the owners directions and rely on them because they live there.
With the internet, having back links is like asking the internet full of websites where your website is. The websites with the most knowledge about your industry will give people directions to your website in the form of a link that can be clicked on. The websites that have already been there a long time and live there, have a more reliable source of directions.
Crowd Based Page Rank
This is how the Google Page Rank formula started. It was a crowd based voting system and the more web pages giving directions to your web page, the higher you were ranked. Now there are many other factors, but this one by far trumps them all.
The reason this is still the best for search ranking is because you cannot simply tell people to give others directions back to you. They need to do it on their own. The more powerful they are in that niche, the more Google recognizes that as higher authority and reliable source. Google likes to use crowd sourcing for knowledge and this is one of the reasons they use it.
Improve SEO Now
Now sure what you should do next to boost website traffic? We can help you find the next best move. Book a FREE SEO Consultation.